Below are descriptions for the types of sessions Splendid Photography by Serena offers.
Splendid Photography by Serena is focusing on Birth Documentaries, Newborn, Children and Family Portraiture and Professional Portraits for your business needs at this time.
At this time we are NOT scheduling new clients in these areas: high school seniors, weddings or events. Our list of trusted referrals is beyond great... if you are looking for a photographer for one of these events and need a suggestion, let me know!
Birth photography is all about the "firsts"... Splendid Photography will capture you, your support person, the nurses, your mid-wives, doulas, the doctors, the small details, and the BIG moments during the entire course of your birthing process. All images are "G" rated and able to be viewed by anyone, even the smallest of children (some parents want more vivid images captured which is also possible- usually just not shared in your birth video which is set to music). I strive to capture the emotion in this experience. If you are interested in talking with me about being at your birth, don't hesitate to call Serena at 715.252.2352.
Birth Photography FAQ:
- What if I go into labor in the middle of the night? I am on call and will be there when it is time. In the event that your labor goes extremely fast and I miss the birth, we will still hold a "New 48" Session where I will come to the hospital to capture the special first hours of your baby's life- the reactions of dad changing his baby's first diaper, the other children meeting their little baby brother or sister, and any other small details that will mean so much down the road when you look back at this special time in your family's history.
- Why do I need a professional photographer at the birth of my baby? As a mom of three children (amazing children if I can brag a bit), I will let you know that I wish I had a birth photographer at their births. My husband and my other support people were wonderful, but they weren't capturing what my trained eye as a photographer was wanting captured in the form of photographs to cherish for a lifetime. Being a mother provides me with the knowledge of what birth looks like, sounds like, smells like, and I am there to capture it all- from your emotions in your face, to your support person comforting you, to when your baby is first placed on your stomach.
- Are my pictures "safe" for my friends and family to see? Yes, every single image that I take is "G" rated. During the actual birth of your child I will stay at the head of your bed- I see what mom sees. If mom does want more "graphic" images for herself and her support person we can discuss that as well, but these types of images would not be shared in your birth video which is set to music.
- What if something goes wrong during my birthing experience? In the unfortunate event that something were to go wrong, I do have a code word that I have between you, me, and your main nurse. If I need to step out of the room, I will do that upon hearing that word. However, no matter what happens during the birth of your baby, most moms will want every moment, even those stressful moments, caught in still images... afterall, that is why you have me there.
- What should I expect if we hire you to be at our birth? You should expect to have the best documented birth story you can imagine. I am there to catch the emotion of the event. I do my best to arrive at the hospital before you enter the parking lot, I capture you and your support person from the moment you arrive to check-in, getting ready, and will stay at the hospital until you are all situated. Normally I will leave the hospital after that and we stay in communication throughout the time you are there. I ask that you contact me by phone via text or call and we will decide when to have me come back- this is usually right before you transition into active labor. Every labor is different so the most important thing is to be in communication and to be patient.
- What do I receive if I book a birth photography session with Splendid Photography? With your paid birth photography package you will receive one black and white video, set to music, download. You may purchase portraits, products, and other items in addition as ala carte items. Please contact Serena at Splendid Photography to ask more questions and to book your birth photography session. 715.252.2352
- Birth Photography starts at $750 (half down reservation fee required to book your birth) this will include your customized birth video of black and white images from your birth set to music and of course my time "on-call" day & night before and after your due date until your baby arrives. Digital images are available on a jump drive for an additional price of $150. (Travel time included within Stevens Point and the surrounding 30 mile radius- past the 30 mile radius a $.50 per mile charge is added to the cost of the service).
A new baby is so sweet, so small, and so sleepy. The best time to bring your newborn in for their first session is when they are 5-10 days NEW. However, as a professional- I am able to capture GORGEOUS images any time during the first month of your babies life.
In case you have not found this out yet, some newborns can be fussy. As a mom of three I know you and your baby may need extra time for feeding, changing, and consoling. You will not be rushed at our studio. We have many different props (my style lends to the more natural but I do have some bright fun colors and will work with you to capture exactly what you are looking for). From traditional to contemporary newborn photography, we can do it all. Your newborn will change right before your eyes - do not miss this opportunity to capture your little one’s tiny features. This session typically takes between 1-2 hours.
At Splendid Photography we specialize in newborn photography. The adorable shot is important... but safety is our number one priority! You will find that we work with each baby as if they were our own. We have hand sanitizer available in the studio and all of our blankets/wraps/props are washed after each use when needed (especially when we photograph little ones in their "birthday suits"). Our newborn session includes the set-up time, time & talent of the photographer during your shoot and the post viewing & ordering session (this is where you'll see your images for the first time- typically one week after your session!) and professional editing of your images ordered. The newborn session fee is: $125. Newborn Packages start at $650 and include a large variety of products. Contact Serena for more details.
We LOVE to photograph baby and family- your memories are truly precious and splendid. Your little one will want the memories of YOU and him/her/them! Please be prepared to at least be asked to be photographed with your new baby. This time will go by so fast and we know one day you'll appreciate looking back at just how small your little one was in your arms!
At the time of your booking you will be required to pay for your session (aka reservation fee- $125). You may do this over the phone with us by credit card. All session fees are non-refundable as I block out time to prepare, photograph and clean the studio before and after you leave. Please allow 48 hour notice in the event you need to reschedule your session. We understand that emergencies do happen and if this occurs, please call us immediately and we will make other arrangements to best fit the situation. In cases of emergencies or illness we will reschedule so we can get the best images we can!
Maternity, Children and Family Sessions-
Don't miss these milestones in your life... each hold important memories for you and your family. Let Serena at Splendid Photography help to preserve those memories into keepsakes that will last for years to come!
Sessions start at $50
Packages start at $325